Dry, chapped skin can come from any number of situations. Some people have naturally dry skin, while others work outdoors and end up with windburn or abrasions that dry out because of the environment. Whatever the reason for your difficulty, we have provided an easy-to-follow “how to” guide for easing and moisturizing your dry and chapped skin.
Quick and easy solutions for chapped skin
When you work in a rough and tumble profession, the health and comfort of your skin is often the last thing you think about. That is until you get home and start to feel all the aches from your day. So, here are easy things you can do throughout your day to help prevent and treat chapped skin.
- Use a moisturizing soap. Many soaps and hand sanitizers have harsh chemicals that can strip your skin of moisture. Try using a washable oil instead of soap when you’re dealing with harsh, drying conditions.
- Choose fabric wisely. We know it’s cold out there, but some of the fabrics you wear to keep warm can irritate your skin. If your wool sweater is scratching against your neck and wrists, try to find another material that is just as cozy. Several people here at InfiniteAloe find that wool, cashmere, and other animal products cause rashes or skin discomfort. In those cases, our friends, family members, and employees choose to wear down filled synthetic fabrics, which help them stay warm without the discomfort.
- Avoid long, hot showers or baths. Bathing can feel wonderful after a long day out in the cold, but it can also dry out your skin. Try to take shorter showers or baths and don’t dry off too vigorously afterward. Letting your face and other chapped skin dry naturally can help reduce irritation.
- Drink plenty of water. water. It’s winter, and it may feel much too cold to be drinking plain ol’ water. Instead of packing your thermos full of a dehydrating hot drink like coffee, try filling it with hot herbal tea. There are hundreds of varieties available - many of which taste a lot like black tea - and some (like chicory) that even taste sort of like coffee. These will help you stay warm and hydrated throughout your day.
- Use deep moisturizing lotions like InfiniteAloe Advanced Formula. Moisturizing first thing in the morning and right before bed with penetrating InfiniteAloe can help soften dry skin and ease discomfort from chapping. Some of our clients also buy travel-size InfiniteAloe Advanced Formula to use after washing their hands or between outdoor activities. A little goes a long way!
Moisturize from the Inside-Out
InfiniteAloe skin care products are uniquely designed to penetrate layers of skin, bringing moisture deep into your skin and avoiding a greasy film. Our philosophy is that everyone can have great, comfortable skin - even those who work outdoors or who have jobs in rough conditions.
We not only use healing and moisturizing botanicals in our products, but we also recommend simple care options for your whole body. Simple solutions like drinking more water, protecting the skin with comfortable fabrics and more fit in with our natural care philosophy.
Be sure to try InfiniteAloe skin care products on your dry, chapped, or windburned skin and let us know about your experience. We would love to hear your story and find out what skin care regimen is right for you.